Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where do you turn

Right now I am dealing with a lot of crap. I am doing well in school I think. I am trying my best and working hard at it. Psychology is hard and I don't like it but I am trying to stay positive. I am dealing with prejudice from within the class, from my own people. Then make the best of it my mother seems to be prejudice against me as well. I can't help where I was born but I am more Inuk than some of the girls who are causing the rift. I was awake three hours last night thinking about it. Its wearing me down inside, I am not a prejudice person but I knew by doing this course and having to move away I would be dealing with that kind of thing. I was willing to take it on and deal with it. I didn't' expect to be treated that way by my classmates.
I am struggling with this now. I am dealing with the attitude of not being understood and being the same as everyone else. My mother grew up on the coast and its like its my issue because its bothering me. Its not my issue my issue is people who have those problems should be looking at it themselves to get over their way of looking at things. I am tired of this crap.
All my life I was made to feel not good enough. I have dealt with abuse, substance abuse, ignorance, prejudice, been raped and oppressed. I am not a victim I am a survivor. BUT I am tired of it all. I don't deserve this no one does. I just dont' know what to do about it. I am trying to understand but to be honest I am being judged without being understood. Of course my mother has a lot of resentment and I was never good enough. I married a man who made me feel I wasn't good enough. Well you know what I am who I am and thanks to all the fucked up treatment I am doing pretty damn good I think! But I dont' want this to get me too down...its taking its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment