Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day whatever to the rest of my life

How many times do we say that? Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Too many times. I know I have. Thing is everyone says life is what you make it. Hmmmm so now that there are so many people looking for jobs, living on the edge of poverty, bankruptcy and surviving how can we say there are people who chose their life?
I for one did not choose this life that I have. I have attempted to make changes. I can not dismiss the fact that we moved into a town where the jobs dried up. I have gone to school several times to get a better start for my kids. I can not control who hires me and who didn't. I have worked for people who have cut hours of their workers to hire family. Is that fair? Definitely not.
I just completed a social work program. I have agreed to work with the aboriginal group I am a beneficiary of. So I do what I was required to do, completed the program and have my degree. So now I have to wait for a job. Meanwhile I am in a job that sucks. I don't like the direction this is going in. So right now I am still in the same boat before I got my degree. So what am I supposed to do?
So when will it be the first day of the rest of my life, who knows? I sure as heck don't know.
Oh well one day it will come....I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment