Thursday, October 14, 2010

Interesting Words I have to remember

I watched a video clip about Inuit Elders in Iqualuit and one lady spoke of the key to having a happy life " Respect yourself and those around you and you have to have high self esteem". I know I have issues with that. I hardly have any self esteem. I dress nice most of the time, and try to take care of myself but I also have issues with being me. I allow myself to be treated a certain way, but I shouldn't. I deserve to be happy and treated better than I have been. I need to find a man who wants to be with me. I told my son last summer I don't need a man to complete me I need one to compliment me. I have been too complacent and appreciative of things that is expected by other women and they find the men who treat them right and treat them like a princess or a queen. I need to know what I want and expect it, not want what is offered and appreciate it. I am working on myself and I am improving. I don't need a man in my life, I would like one but I am not going to settle. I am OK the way I am, and its time for me to focus on me and my education....I am working for a degree in Social Work and have to do a return in service for up to four years with my Aboriginal group.

No comments:

Post a Comment