Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exes

I have to say my ex is pretty good to me now. Now don't get me wrong I still wouldn't be with him in any way. I know one woman I work with she still has hook ups with her ex even 3 years after they split. She says she is too shy to be with men too early on so its good for her that way. I could never live with my ex and there are days that I absolutely hate him. But it could be a lot worst. We have kids so thats why I wanted the marriage to end when it did. I took about a year or so to decide finally that I was ready to end it. Spent a couple of years trying to save it, then realized what was left wasnt' worth fighting for anymore. I think it was a real shock to him but now he realizes that it was the right thing to do. For years money controlled our relationship. He tried controlling a lot of it and he did because he could. He still does that in a lot of ways, and thats never going to change. I resent the fact sometimes that he is in a new relationship but only because they can be together when they want but I have to wait. He only started this relationship when he saw me going to dinner with my man and decided he didnt' want to be on his own anymore. But he has been pretty good, he has listened to me cry about my current relationship several times, helped me out when he didn't have to, and still does things for me in the home. Not many men would do that, especially when your wife is crying on the phone about gossip about her relationship and then crying again because she is afraid that her current man is going to get rid of her etc. Not all exes are too bad....but thats why I wanted this to end when it did so I wouldn't hate him. He would have been a pretty good friend I think....not that good a husband but a friend...not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment