Thursday, August 13, 2009

Facing Up to Reality

I have been wondering why I am so broke all the time. You know what I am broke because I am becoming a recovering gambler. I am opening my eyes and taking responsibility to my actions. I was never making money on it and buying things with my "winnings" but never paying what I had to with the money I was taking to gamble with. Sure I did fall pretty hard into it for awhile after the relationship ended, but thats no excuse I was getting into it pretty good for awhile. Just boredom and stuff...the gambling counsellor told us the alcoholics anonymous have a thing:
HALT which means:
H=Hungry
A=Angry
L=Lonely
T=Tired

thats the breakdown of it. I think the thing with gambling it should include frustated. Or not enough money, a person who only has $20 is likely to gamble in hopes of making it more. I know thats how I felt and still do feel.
I am having a hard time trying to get into coping with things. I am trying to pay the bills and something always happens to push me back. LOL I lost a plastic hanger in my dryer lint trap last night. My household insurance is almost doubled since last year. I really need a hair cut and the wires have started popping out of my bras! But thats it they will have to go on my list of things I need to do WHEN I get money. But I also need to do some things for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment