Thursday, August 27, 2009

I don't need this

I don't need to be online and see constant reminders of child abuse, dog abuse, elder abuse, sexual abuse, poverty and war. I know it exists. It seems like exposing people to images and videos are the thing to approach these subjects but I don't want to see it. I am not turning a blind eye to it I just don't think that people need that in your face way of dealing with it.
I am trying to raise my children with the knowledge of whats right and whats wrong. I am trying to make them aware of respect for themselves and others. I try to communicate with them as best I can. I have been telling my son that he needs to treat a woman the way he would want myself and his sister to be treated. I am making sure my daughter is strong and doesn't' end up in relationships that are wrong.
I try to donate what I can, I try to inform SPCA of abuse if I see it. I can't afford to financially support things but that doesn't mean I ignore them.
I just don't think showing pictures of actual cases is the right way to do it. Its to the point that its desensitizing not getting the shock factor they are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment