Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Slow start

Well last night I tried to start with the cutting back on the "junk". I didn't get anything at Tim's on the way to gambling group. I did break down and have a cookie at group. I did make my supper at work last night which was quesidillas BUT that was the only thing I ate there. I had a cereal bar this morning after work, I ate a bagel and had a smoothie for lunch and now for supper I had a plate of leftovers made into "bubble and squeak", I always just cook it in a little oil, fry up a onion then add lots of pepper. I feel good too because I haven't wasted much of the leftovers. I can't wait to get my new microwave then it will be bags of smartpop when I want something junky. I have to start exercising now as well. I have to cut up more fruit to take to work with me tonight. I am a grazer and try now to try healthier stuff. I bought a bunch of 100 calorie snack stuff the other day that way if I have a craving a little bag should take care of the worst of it.
One of my goals is not to waste too much food, I think in Chatelaine magazine there was a article on food wastage and I am guilty of it. I am one to buy stuff then end up going to work and next thing I haven't opened my fridge for 3 days and bang its gone off. I am trying to make sure I don't waste too much and threw out a bunch of stuff yesterday and before I go to work there are some old clothing I am going to bin. Its no good to keep things that I am not going to wear because it shrunk or is ratty looking. I have "good" clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment